10 Ideas for Serving
Leftover Easter Ham
“Peter Cottontail has left the table,
So Hippity hoppity leftover Easter ham ideas
Are on its way!"
After a big soul food Easter feast, leftover Easter ham is always left on the table. So, what do you do all that ham? Well , I have a few ideas for leftover ham that you might want to try for your family.
Ideas for Leftover Ham Recipes--
1. HEAVERLY HAM PIE
2 cups (approximately) baked leftover ham, chopped in bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 medium onion, diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
In skillet, sauté onions and celery just until softened. Add rest of ingredients, except eggs. Stir gently until warmed thoroughly and bubbling hot. Transfer to a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Spread biscuits evenly over the mixture, (homemade or canned. Bake at 375 degrees until the biscuits are slightly golden.
2. LEFTOVER HAM AND RICE BAKE
1 pkg of Rice-a-Roni
Leftover Ham, chopped or diced
1 tablespoon oil
¼ cup onions, chopped
Prepare rice according to package directions. Add onions before rice has finished cooking. Add ham to rice mixture. Sprinkle parsley to top. Serve hot.
Other Ways to Use Leftover Ham
3. Grilled ham and cheese sandwich - Add thin slices or pieces of ham with grilled cheese.
4. Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwich - Cut thin slices of ham and serve with Swiss cheese on bun.
5. Ham and Scrambled Egg Bake - Cut or dice chopped ham in with scrambled eggs.
6. Meat with fresh vegetables and pinto beans- add ham to fresh vegetables and pinto beans while cooking. (The ham bone also offers great seasoning for hot vegetables)
7. Fried ham - Cook ham in skillet with vegetable oil. Brown on each side. Drain on paper towel. add cooked rice and rolls for a complete meal.
8. Baked Bean Meal - Cut chunks of ham and add to baked beans.
9. Ham Salad - Add pieces of ham to a fresh garden salad.
10. Macaroni and Cheese Bake-- Add chopped ham to your macaroni and cheese recipe. This is a meal in itself.
The above ideas offer tasty alternatives to serving leftover ham this Easter holiday.
End of Leftover Easter Ham Ideas - Click Here for Ham Recipes